Central States Indemnity in Beaufort, South Carolina - CSI EXTRA CASH WAS A BLESSING FOR ME!!!!

5.0

i got fired from my job on Hilton Head island, SC, and was denied unemployment. I spent all my meager savings before I could find another job, and ended up pawning nearly everything portable.

If it hadn't been for CSI Extra Cash I would've starved to death.

Their Customer Service Reps were very supportive, and professional.

And the amazing thing is that I'd had the policy for less than a year when I claimed my first claim. I've thought about dropping the policy when money gets tight. But I always change my mind.

Awesome product! Awesome company! 5 stars! Buy it.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

CSI Central States Indemnity Sucks

I've had "extra cash" insurance with CSI Central States Indemnity for 3 years. It's an insurance that pays out if you lose your job. I paid religiously, never late for 3 years straight. I was recently denied my Extra Cash claim because they state that I left my job voluntarily. This is odd since the state itself has approved my unemployment claim, meaning it's been through the scrutiny of an independent agency. However, the provided proof meant nothing to CSI. Despite evidence that the state has approved my unemployment insurance, CSI stood by their claim that I was not covered.

It's the unprofessionalism that made me really mad.

(1) I was not able to speak to a manager to ask him/her directly why my claim was denied. I had to write a letter and send it blindly to a PO Box.

(2) CSI never called me to explain, they kept sending me letters through the mail (to my old address).

(3) When I called to cancel my insurance they agreed. However, I received a letter in the mail claiming that I needed to return that letter to a fax number in order to get my policy canceled. The fax number had a "disconnected" message from the phone company. The other option was to send in the letter with then enclosed envelope...there was no envelope.

It was the constant unprofessionalism, the consistent disregard, and the multiple mistakes on CSI Central States Indemnity's part that upset me the most. Shame on you, CSI Central States Indemnity.

Comments

Probably, If you would have read your policy, when you received it that it covers you in the event that you are laid off or fired or some way like that, will you receive the benefit. Does not really matter what the state unemployment thinks, because they ok everybody for unemployment no matter what, even if its for being let go for drugs or other *** things.

I know that for sure, no matter what.

Wha, wha, wha....go cry in your beer foam. :cry

Update one month later.

They've finally stopped charging my credit card for their scam-insurance. However, I did not receive an apology or response to this issue. I guess I never will.

csi what the heck,i just checked my cheking account balance and i find they billed my card for 31.00 and ive never even heard of this company,let alone ask them for insurance,im on social security what the heck.how did they do this.time to call in the law. :(